title photo

title photo

Monday, January 16, 2012

Blackened Talapia Fillet with Salsa - Low Carb and Low Calorie

Blackened Talapia Fillet with Salsa - Low Carb and Low Calorie

Blackened Talapia
I think Mondays in general are the least favorite day of the week but I really loved this Monday since it is the MLK Holiday I did not have to work and enjoyed some much needed R & R.  I really wanted a good dinner but did not want to spend a lot of time prepping or cooking so here is tonight's creation.  I keep individually frozen talapia portions in freezer and I had the Salsa I made on Friday. It really took only about 15 minutes in the kitchen and I was ready to eat and oh so good too! 


Ingredients and Cooking Instructions:
1 frozen talapia fillet 
Blackened Fish Seasoning ( I use Louisiana Cajun)
salt and pepper, optional

asparagus
sweet red pepper

Thaw  talapia in package in cold water for about 5 minutes. Remove from package, pat fish dry with paper towel, and season with your favorite blackening seasoning, salt, and  pepper.
Cook in small saute pan on med high heat with just a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom for 3 minutes on each side.

Top with Fresh Salsa (I warm the salsa in the  microwave for 30 seconds to take the chill off) or just a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

While fish is cooking in a second small saute pan stir fry asparagus and sweet red pepper with a little salt and pepper for about 3 minutes and leave in pan until ready to serve.

When both are done plate, grab a glass of unsweetened tea or a glass wine and


Buon appetito!  (Italian)













 





No comments:

Post a Comment